Friday, May 28, 2010
Monday, May 24, 2010
I'll fix the recipe next time, but here are the ingredients
1 large onion diced
1 large green bell pepper diced
2 large portabello caps, sliced in 1/2 inch pieces
1 cup quick cooking oatmeal
1 lb lean ground turkey
Olive Oil for sauteeing
Ketchup for topping (or barbecue sauce, whichever makes you happy)
Saute onion and green bell pepper until translucent and let cool
Saute mushrooms and let cool
Combine all ingredients with some S&P
Mold like a loaf in a flat pan
spread Ketchup on top
Cook in 350 degree oven covered for 20 minutes
Cook uncovered for another 20 minutes
Let cool for 5 minutes before eating :-)
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Though I am extremely busy, something has been nagging me. I rarely write about anything political. I just don't like getting into all of that. I am concerned though, to the point where I'm a little pissed. The people I love, family and friends, who are in facebook have made up their minds on who to vote for on Monday. So with the risk of you guys chasing me out of facebook and the internet, I ask you to read through this:
I am for Gordon and Bayani. Their background and success stories are known, so I won't go into that.
Here is what I want to say:
1. I'm not saying you trust them implicitly. It's our job to keep them honest and bounce off of their ideas and give them back our opinion.
2. No matter how honest a person is, or how hard you pray, you can't force someone to have an epiphany on how to save a country. Vision cannot be manufactured like that. Experience cannot be inherited.
3. Its not anyone’s fault, but personal baggage can distract you from focusing on the job at hand. You've probably experienced it yourself, what more if you have the kind of grief that some candidates have?
4. If Camelot and the idea of a royal succession is a good thing, then Camelot would not be a legend. It would still be here.
5. In other words, there are reasons why the Monarchy as a form of government is dying.
I know I will take a lot of flack for this and I will take it (I am already wincing in the anticipation of a spanking).
Just think about it.
p.s. I am pissed because everyone I talk to keeps saying that if they vote for G&B, then their votes will just be wasted, since (according to their magic ball) Gordon and Bayani will not win.They say that no one else other than them will vote for the tandem. If that’s the case, then spread the word and help the campaign.
Voting for the lesser evil is the waste.